Friday 12 September 2014

Porter Magazine & Exciting News!




For almost a couple of weeks now, I've been craving the Fall '14 issue of Porter magazine. It's one of my absolute favourite magazines because the editorial content blows me away every time. I've noticed that they do insert more advertisements than your typical fashion magazines like Vogue or Harper's.

I snapped a shot of the Dior AW14 campaign because the aesthetic is one of a kind. I've seen youtube DIY videos where people attempt to make tops or dresses that include a lace -up effect but to be honest, it's very hard to execute. I hadn't seen it crafted & mastered until I saw this campaign.  It just goes to show how fashion is precise & requires a lot of attention & craftsmanship. It's a skill was well as an art. What had me gasping for air though were the shoes. You can just tell that these were designed by Raf Simons. I admire him as a designer. He's so inventive yet so innovative at the same time.

In year 11,  I studied Olivier Rousteing for a textiles class assignment. Balmain had always been one of my favourite brands but once I got to know more about the Creative Director, I grew such a profound respect for it. This was my favourite spread of this season's issue of Porter magazine. The Balmain AW14 collection had women all over the world, praying for a jungle inspired piece.

So the 'exciting news'... As I was waiting at the train station, I checked my emails to see whether or not I got important news or a launch invitation. It was better. I recieved an email stating that I had been granted media accreditation for Mercedes Benz Fashion Festival Sydney (hence the screen on the photo of my phone). I'll be attending the event as a blogger/ photographer & words cannot describe how appreciative I am for this opportunity. I was so over the moon that I actually (unconsciously) swung my hand over my grinned -dropped jaw & laughed to myself. This is a moment that i'll cherish for a lifetime. It may not seem like a big deal to some but to me... well, fashion is what I want to die doing.

1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog and I have to say that I adore it! Like you, I also hope to study fashion marketing and I hope to receive some of the amazing opportunities you have! I'm sure you will do big things in the fashion industry and I'll keep a look out for your name in years to come! xx

    ReplyDelete