Saturday 27 September 2014

Day 4 : Target Runway











A heart stopping performance by Samantha Jade started the Target show & I actually got goosebumps. She was amazing. I wish I could sing but I'll just stick to fashion. I feel as though everybody was speechless. All that I could hear was her voice, her guitarist & camera's shooting. She sang a couple of her songs including 'Firestarter' which got everybody pumped for the show.

I didn't expect it. I didn't expect the Target runway to be so much fun to watch - & I feel terrible for admitting so. The energy was at a high & the models were doing their 'thang'. The thing that really made me enjoy this show is that they also showcased kidswear & plus sizes too. I appreciated that they were considerate of targeting beyond one group of consumers... sheesh, I sound like a business student!

Overall, (like I said before), I definitely enjoyed watching the show. The kidswear was gorgeous. They were stylish, aesthetically pleasing & functional although I wasn't excited over the womenswear. I understand that it's 'Target' & they sell to a mass market so there are many things to consider & I really do believe that it was executed quite well for their aesthetic & it remained honest to the brand. 
It was very much wearable & the pattern -clashing was probably my favourite part but I really would've liked to see something new & innovative.

No comments:

Post a Comment